Trade MOVR with Leverage


Moonriver (MOVR) is an innovative blockchain platform that launched on the Kusama network in August 2021 as a parachain, aiming to foster a fast-growing ecosystem with over 200 projects built on it. Designed as a companion network to Moonbeam, Moonriver serves as a canary network, where new code is deployed first for testing under real economic conditions before being implemented on Moonbeam, which is part of the Polkadot network. This structure enables Moonriver to play a crucial role in the development and testing of new features, ensuring stability and functionality before these features are launched on the more permanent and stable Moonbeam network. Moonriver is created by the Moonbeam Foundation and operates as a layer-1 parachain on Kusama, offering a fully Ethereum-compatible environment for developers. This compatibility allows Solidity developers to easily deploy their decentralized applications (dApps) on Moonriver with minimal modifications, leveraging Moonriver's close replication of Ethereum's key functionalities. By providing a bridge between the Ethereum and Kusama networks, Moonriver facilitates a seamless transition for projects looking to expand into the Polkadot ecosystem, supporting a wide range of use cases from DeFi to NFTs. The MOVR token, Moonriver's native cryptocurrency, plays a pivotal role within the network, being used for transaction fees, smart contract execution, incentivizing collators (the network participants who produce blocks), and engaging in the network's governance through proposals and voting. MOVR was launched with a genesis token supply of 10 million and features an annual inflation rate of 5%, which is uncapped. The inflation is designed to support ongoing security needs, including payment for a parachain slot and incentivizing collators. The token's economics include an 80% burn rate for transaction fees, which serves as a deflationary mechanism, and the remaining 20% of transaction fees are directed to the network's treasury, to be allocated through on-chain governance for projects and initiatives that further network engagement and adoption.